You Can Repair Fire Damage
Fire can be extremely destructive to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as detrimental. Smoke odor can overwhelm your home and possessions and your walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your family and your home.
When your cherished possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why as experts in smoke and soot damage, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Ways to Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis a variety of fire remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your home undergone smoke damage? Reach out to to the professionals from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke restoration services. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.