Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the experts immediately. Your local Paul Davis experts will come to your home to evaluate and repair any water damage in your home. But there are preemptive steps that any homeowner can take to prevent expensive water damage repairs. All homeowners need to know the signs of water damage in your home.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
Water damage occurs when a surplus of water collects in places where it can cause problems. The experts from Paul Davis can come to your home to analyze water damage as soon as possible. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage altogether, your home will endure for years to come. Flooding can occur from both outside elements and from inside your home. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s crucial to be cautious. Do you believe that there is water damage in your home? Look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. Productive prevention is the key to avoiding costly repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. To avoid water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has been repairing water damages for over 50 years. Trust us to take care of you.